Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Three Week Countdown

So, in just three weeks, my mother and I start our next European adventure in London. I've got most of the logistics planned - I'm still undecided if we go to Bath or Stratford-upon-Avon or both. I've always wanted to see Shakespeare's Birthplace - especially since I always excelled in my education when it came to reading and writing about his plays. I'll never forget the day I had to recite Hamlet's famous soliloquy in my Junior year English class overseen by the horrible curmudgeon, Mr. Sweeney. I got through it much to his dismay.

Before my mom and I take off, though, I'm arriving in Boston for a few days. We'll visit with my old friend, take a trip up to the North Shore to see some relatives and then cap the pre-trip festivities with a visit to my all-time favorite kitsch restaurant - The Kowloon! The sprawling landmark of  mai tais & comedy amidst a "Polynesian" decor is really a feast for the senses. (The food is great, don't be fooled!) If you've even been to San Francisco and visited the Tonga Room, this place is Tonga times twenty. It'll be the perfect way to end our pre-trip festivities.

Already, Rosemarie is thinking of what to pack and I told her that, although she can go over the 50 pound limit going across the pond - she'll have to be careful as we are in economy plus coming back.

"What?" she asked incredulously. "Economy?"

I think if I keep taking her to Europe, I better get more miles and fast.




No comments:

Post a Comment