Friday, June 27, 2014

Eastward Ho

So, another installment of travels with my mother is about to begin and I couldn't be more excited. I've spent the last week in Las Vegas at the network's annual meeting of its affiliates. For six days, I've had to sparkle, smile and, pun intended - network with not only NBC's stations, but hundreds of television professionals. There's nothing I enjoy better than being on stage and when I took to the spotlight on Tuesday, I made the audience of 200 plus laugh along with me while providing them with key points for them to take back to their stations. But Vegas is a tough town for longer than a drunken weekend and by the time my plane touched down last night, I was wiped out - in a much needed space for a vacation.

I've got everything packed and even though we don't leave Boston until Tuesday, you know Rosemarie has her bags ready to go. Last week, she asked my cousin where we were stopping prior to the United Kingdom and she was not happy with our layover in Newark.



"Tell her to hush or I'll leave her in New Jersey," I texted back. I purposely made the connection so we have time to relax in the International Red Carpet Lounge prior to the trip across the pond. The last two times we've gone to Europe, our connections have been under an hour, and although it's plenty of time, I wanted this trip to be relaxing and comfortable. It's Rosemarie's first time in First Class and I want both of us to savor every warm walnut and ice cream sundae. And if I'm lucky, she'll play with the controls of her lie flat bed and actually fall asleep.

We've got a few days in Boston to visit with family and then the adventure begins. Fasten your seat belts - and although I can't afford First class for all of you to join, stay tuned and read all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment