Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Eye is Out



It’s less than two months until my next trip across the Atlantic to Europe with my mother and plans have come together nicely. We’ve got tickets to the Tower of London; Kensington Palace; and the Harry Potter Warner Bros. Studio Tour. Out of contention, as I knew it would be – The London Eye. My mother’s fear of Ferris Wheels has nixed that tourist attraction off our list. 

“Covered or not,” she said. “It’s still a Ferris Wheel. My stomach is doing flips and I’m just looking at it online!”


Amazing what childhood trauma does to you, even when you’re well into being a senior citizen.

In the meantime, I’m looking at shows to see in the West End. I think one, for certain, will be Billy Elliot and the other, the revival of The Pajama Game. It was my one and only foray into high school musical theatre and it would be great fun to see it on the stage. I played a multitude of roles, one being the nasty and trouble making union worker who fell “on my good arm, too.” With a lot of choices on the boards, it might be fun to see The Mousetrap – my mom and I love Agatha Christie and it has to be the world’s longest running play for a reason.

We’ve got visits planned with friends I met in Mykonos and with my great friend Serge, from Belgium, as well. I just love how close everything is in Europe – just a train ride away. It’s shaping up to be another great trip and of course, Rosemarie is already thinking of what to pack. The cutest part? She’s got $700 saved up in her travel fund and I just had to laugh. At this rate, with the currency exchange, I told her, that’ll buy us two dinners and maybe one John Smith Bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment